Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Barrio Cafe


I love eating out and trying new restaurants and I love Wednesday's. Wednesday is date night for my husband and I, and the day we get to eat out. This past Wednesday we met Mom, Richard and Lisa at the Barrio Cafe, a gourmet Mexican Restaurant that gets rave reviews year after year. It is this dive in downtown Phoenix! However, upon entering you realize how quaint it is and, to my surprise, filled to capacity! We had the very best table side guacamole that I've ever had. (They served it with cranberries!) Weird I know, but trust me, it was De-lish!

I had the *F I L E T E de mi T I T A
Grilled filet mignon topped with a Mexican style crab, longaniza and an Ancho chile sauce
Hubby had E N C H I L A D A S del M A R Shrimp, scallops & crab topped blue corn tortillas with queso de cabra in a jocoque sauce.
Gourmet! Definately not your ordinary Mexican Restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment